- Breathable for gases and vapours, resistant to water permeability in liquid form.
- Hygienic unexceptionable, meet the Standards EN ISO 10993-3, EN 71-3.
- Customer tailored backsheet.
- Improvement of the user comfort – better skin breathability, reduction of unpleasant side effects such as: skin inflammation, galls, etc.
- Textile touch and appearance.
As a backsheet in the production of disposable hygienic products:
- Baby diapers
- Sanitary towels
- Incontinence pads
- Means for the chronically ill
- Various medical applications
- Breathable laminates Fatra Sontek®L are manufactured by laminating breathable film and non-woven fabric.
- The laminates are permeable for gases and water vapours but impermeable to water in liquid state.
- Suitable for hygienic applications, the laminates are designed for use in the manufacture of disposable sanitary products – baby diapers, sanitary towels, incontinence pads and supplies for the chronically ill.
- They help to enhance user comfort – their permeability allows the skin to better breathe, reducing the potential occurrence of undesired side effects such as skin rash, sores etc.
- Using fleece in the laminate gives the product texture and appearance of textile.
- laminates can be supplied in white or printed version up to eight colours.
Breathable film is very thin sheet containing about 1,4 billion pores/cm2. A single pore is 700 times larger than a molecule of water vapour and 20 000 smaller than a drop of water. The actual pore size is 2-3 microns. It provides high vapour permeability and liquid impermeability of the product.
STRUCTURE OF BREATHABLE PE FILM
POSITION OF FATRA SONTEK® L IN HYGIENIC DISPOSABLE PRODUCT
The film in laminate avoids liquid to get out of the product while letting circulate the gases and water vapour. Thanks to this, the skin is able to breathe while staying dry and not irritated by liquids.
- Width: 80 – 2,000 mm.
- Square weight: 24 – 60 g/m².
- In a range of 500 – 12 000 g/m² within 24 hours (Mocon method).
- Testing optionally according to Mocon or Lyssy methods.
- On customer’s request also higher breathability level available.
- Anti-microbial treatment option.
- Lamination with various types of non-woven textiles (Soft, Bico, Micro) (standard, high softness, materials with various absorption capacities etc.).
- Flexographic print up to 8 colour.
- Print up to 3 different motives in one roll.
- Registered print. random print.
- Maximal print width of 1,270 mm.
- Printing optionally on PE, PP, PET materials.
|Property||Unit||Standard||Direction||Targe values for square weight (g/m2)|
|Tensile strength||N/25 mm||EN ISO 527-1,3||MD||23||25||28||32|
|Elongation at break||%||EN ISO 527-1,3||MD||80||80||70||70|
|Stress at 5% elongation||N/25 mm||EN ISO 527-1,3||MD||5||5.5||6||6.5|
|Stress at 10% elongation||N/25 mm||EN ISO 527-1,3||MD||8||8.5||9||10|
|Peel lamination strength||N/25 mm||EN 12316-2||–||0.8|
|WVTR||g/m² / 24 h||INDA Designation 70,4 (99) (Mocon)||500 – 12,000|
Notes: CD = cross direction, MD = machine direction
If you are interested in the product
mentioned, you may contact directly
the sales department of Fatra.
Ing. Jana KLVAČOVÁ
Tel.: +420 577 502 589
Mobil: +420 724 405 594