PLASTICS FOR A BETTER LIFE
Fatra, a.s. is one of the world’s foremost plastic processing companies (PVC, PE, and PET) and an integral part of that industry. In 2020, the company earned almost € 133 million for its products and services, with 70 % of production intended for international markets. We apply modern plastic processing technologies in our plants in the towns of Napajedla and Chropyně, staffed by 1200 employees.
Fatra offers top products and specialized customer-tailored solutions that extend beyond production to encompass development activities and consulting services, selling products to 54 countries globally. The materials processed include PVC-P, PVC-U, LDPE, LLDPE, HDPE, EVAC, PP, PET and ABS. The company provides services to customers including engineering testing and research at our laboratories, as well as testing, preparing samples and mixtures, and professional advisory and consulting services. The high quality of our products is supported by established quality management and ecology standards – ČSN ISO 9001 and ČSN ISO 14001. Indeed, Fatra has proven itself worthy of certification for “Responsible Care” and being a “Safe Company” many times over.
„Fatra is equipped with state-of-the-art production facilities, and actively extends and innovates its assortment for various industrial sectors. Applying the latest scientific and technical knowledge with a focus on quality, ecology and the maximum satisfaction of customers and employees is standard for us at the company. Success requires enthusiasm, willpower, effort, energy, consistency and readiness, as demonstrated by our employees. I strongly believe that Fatra – even after eighty years since its founding – shall remain a foremost European company in the field of plastic processing.“
Ing. Pavel Čechmánek, General Director of Fatra, a.s.
Fatra, a.s. is a member of the AGROFERT concern, which unites strong commercial entities linked to agriculture, the food industry and chemistry. Currently numbering over 250 significant firms from such sectors and the geo-technical industry, AGROFERT, a.s. employs 34 thousand employees.
In the development of new products, Fatra, a.s. collaborates with two universities (University of Tomas Bata in Zlin, and University of Pardubice) and research centres.
„Fatra provides our students with an opportunity to participate in on-the-job-training and educational work placements, helps them with the specification of diploma and bachelor theses, facilitates field trips to production facilities and so on. Fatra also participates in career fairs for students, collaborates with the UTB Job Centre and participates in the hands-on training of trainees.“
Prof. Ing. Petr Sáha, Csc., Rector of University of Tomáš Baťa in Zlín
- PVC floor coverings, the brand of LINO Fatra, THERMOFIX, FatraClick and IMPERIO.
- Waterproofing membranes – FATRAFOL, insulation materials for roofs, ground-level constructions and garden ponds.
- Technical vinyl foils, semi-finished products for the haberdashery and automotive sectors, etc.
- Plastic extruded profiles, the brands of Novoplast and Novodur.
- PVC granulate, semi-finished products.
- BO PET, biaxial-oriented polyester films, the brands of TENOLAN and FOLAM.
- BTF&L, breathable films and laminates under brands of SONTEK F and SONTEK L.
- Foils and sheets from PE, PET and EVAC, foils, sheets for insulations, anti-slip materials.
- Injection moulding, injection-moulded products, floor tiles, plastic crates.
- Thermoformed products, cups, bowls and lids.
- Regranulation, regranulate.