Sustainability is not just a word for us; it is an everyday part of our business. We see it as a long-term commitment to be better at everything we do. In the 2020/2021 year-on-year comparison, we were able to contribute to a better environment with these savings.
Sustainable development has one fundamental goal – to meet the needs of today in a way that does not compromise the needs of future generations. This means optimally reconciling economic development, social progress and respect for the environment. Behave responsibly towards people, conserve natural resources and minimise the impact of human activities on the environment.
- Responsible use of raw materials and energy resources, reduction of energy consumption
- Waste minimisation, waste sorting
- Internal recycling of raw materials, material take-back, use of recycled materials in product manufacturing
- Efforts to minimize environmental impacts, reduce emissions
- Compliance with all legal requirements, regular audits and certifications
- Creating favourable working conditions, ensuring work safety
- Staff education, training and professional development
- Ensuring the satisfaction of our employees, promoting personal responsibility
- Promoting social engagement, cultural, sporting and social activities
- Strengthening team spirit and sharing company values
- Production efficiency, rational use of raw materials
- Production of quality products, ensuring long product lifetime
- Creating innovation, product development with regard to the efficient use of raw materials and energy
- Strict criteria for input, output and process controls
- Customized system solutions and product manufacturing
PRODUCTS FOR A BETTER LIFE
Of the wide range of products that make life easier and more enjoyable for customers and end consumers, some have a direct link to sustainability principles in practice. Here is a selection of the most relevant product groups:
Insulating foil for cool roofs – the white upper layer of the foil reflects more sunlight, which helps to reduce the roof temperature and reduce excessive heating of buildings. These roofs reduce the need to air-condition indoor spaces, thereby reducing energy consumption.
Green roofs absorb and evaporate large amounts of rainwater back into the air, making a significant contribution to cooling buildings, humidifying the air and reducing dust.
Films for water retention in the landscape – ponds, lakes, biotopes and reservoirs, help to alleviate drought and improve the microclimate.
Insulation foils for the protection of buildings against water, ground moisture or radon – insulation of houses, industrial buildings and tunnels ensures functionality and prolongs service life.
A special varnish that facilitates maintenance and protects the surface against microorganisms prolongs the life and performance of our waterproofing materials.
Up to 80% of returnable in-house waste is contained in the bottom layer of floor coverings, helping to close the material cycle of these products.
BO PET films
BO PET films and laminates and their properties allow the use of packaging materials in demanding applications with an emphasis on extending the shelf life of food and thus saving food resources.
Warning films for cable protection contain up to 95 % regranulate.
MEMBERSHIP AND CERTIFICATION
Environmental protection has long been a major focus of our attention. We have a certified quality system according to ČSN EN ISO 9001:2016 and an environmental management system according to ČSN EN ISO 14001:2016.
We are guided by the principles of the Responsible Care programme, in which, as a member of the Chemical Industry Association of the Czech Republic, we undertake to manage our activities in such a way as to ensure a high level of sustainable development by responsibly improving the safety of our facilities, product transportation, human health and environmental protection. Thanks to our long-term compliance with these criteria, we have been granted the prestigious “Sustainable Development Award”.
We are a member of VinylPlus. We are making a long-term commitment to sustainability in the PVC industry. The main objective is to promote a circular economy and more efficient use of resources.
We have developed an Environmental Product Declaration, which is an independently verified and registered document that declares the environmental impact of products throughout their life cycle.